As a freelance Graphic Designer with over 20 years design experience working for clients and agencies, and 12 years as a hands-on Design Manager I have the skills to recommend and produce dynamic, cost effective design solutions!
I have worked on a wide range of projects including large and small websites, social media campaigns, brand identity, print promotions, email templates, corporate and charity reports, advertising and training design.
Please contact me to find out how design can help achieve your business goals.
BA(Hons) Graphic design 2:1
Camberwell College of Arts 1993 – 1996
Btec Diploma Graphic Design
Reigate School of Design 1992 – 1993
Design Business Association (DBA)
Professional Practice 2006
D&AD Design Workshop 2000
Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong learning sector
East Surrey College 2011 – 2012
DBS Certificated (Registered with the Update Service)
Print brochures and promotional design for Rail Mail at The Postal Museum in London.
Website design and build for Coaching Innovation, a leadership coaching consultancy for the Automotive Industry.
Website design and build for Changeworks, a Family Psychotherapist.
Chartered Institute of Environmental Health – London SE1
Membership organisation, publisher and accredited training provider
April 2008 – February 2017
I managed a team of four in-house designers and external suppliers to deliver a full range of services, including video, digital, print, editorial, training publishing, and advertising. I tracked costs, monitored performance and developed staff skills to meet evolving business needs. Within my role I:
- Identified priorities and planned resources, informing internal clients of progress
- Wrote an easy-to-access design brief for clients new to commissioning design work
- Complied with OFQUAL regulator requirements, ensuring adherent design processes
- Developed cross-department relationships, using presentations and inductions to explain what’s involved design and how it can reach department’s business aims
- Contributed as a hands-on designer and creative lead
- Increased staff retention by developing individuals strengths and considering personal career goals when allocating work tasks, coordinating this with appraisals to provide structured progression and training
- Maintained team motivation during periods of company restructuring involving redundancy and changing work patterns
- Wrote Brand Review workshops and coordinated company feedback to create a refreshed, online-savvy brand. Designed and implemented the new Brand Guidelines
- Redesigned the CIEH range of training course-books to suit changing customer profiles. I Managed the tender for specialist suppliers and set up workflow to link with in-house design.
Design work included:
Course books, training materials, certificates, print and online magazines, websites, email and social media communications, annual reports, advertising campaigns for events and the CIEH venue, policy documents, a peer-review journal, animations, video shorts, photography, sub-branding for new-business initiatives
Parador Properties – Redhill, Surrey
Overseas property sales specialist
April 2007 – March 2008
Led a creative department of three, working closely with the Marketing Manager to produce collateral for a busy sales events schedule, including high volume advertising for local and national press, central property catalogue, brochures, point of sale material and email newsletters.
- Created profitable and effective supplier relationships
- In addition to main role, took on responsibility for upgrade of design software, mac hardware, archiving
- Designed and launched Parador re-brand and implemented updates Europe wide
Sodexo UK – London
Multinational catering and support services company for Healthcare, Education and Industry
January 2004 – April 2007
Responsible for the in-house design studio, serving Catering and Support Service units nationwide, with 2 reporting members of staff. I enjoyed designing for clients with different needs, across the wide range of business areas, which included Schools, Councils, Hospitals and Corporate Financial Institutions.
- Increased studio efficiency by managing expectations and streamlining client approval procedures
- Improved corporate branding on sales tenders, annual reports and company communications.
- Designed sub-brand identities and provided guidance on using on retail outlets
- Introduced environmentally friendly print
Miller Bainbridge & Partners – London
Full service advertising agency. Clients include Natwest, Toyota, Lexus, Powergen and BT
August 1999 – December 2003
Gained agency experience working on high profile consumer brands. Including use of brand guidelines, workflow process, time management; tracking and charging, idea generation, team brainstorming and concept presentation.